To create queues in Wallboard, follow the steps below.
Go to Queue > Create Queue > Enter queue details > Assign extension to queue > Set ring mode > Save queue config. (Screenshots below - click image to view in full size).
1. Create Queue
2. Enter queue details
- Label: Any label you want
- Ring timer per agent: The number of seconds that an agent's phone will ring unanswered before the call is transferred to the next agent. This round robin is transparent to the caller.
- Answer script: This is the call script that will popup on the agent's computer screen (if he is logged in to wallboard app), when he receives an incoming call. This has to be set by the manager.
- For ever x seconds: Every x seconds, the system will play the message entered in the below text field. The caller can press 1 anytime to leave a voicemail. If the caller does not press anything, he can wait and the call will keep ringing the agents as per the above configuration.
- Play this message: The voicemail prompt that will be played to the caller if no agent answers within the above time period. It can either be a text-to-speech message or an mp3 recording of your message.
- After x times: This specifies the number of times the voicemail message is played before the call is hung up. If you do not want to hangup the call ever, set this to -1.
- Play this message to hangup the call: After voicemail message is played the above number of times, the system will play this message and hang up the call. This will not happen if the above setting is -1.
3. Assign extension to queue and set ring mode
There are 2 types of ring mode:
- Round robin will ring each agent in round robin order. i.e. it will ring agent #1 first. Then if the agent is not available, it will ring agent #2 and so on. Now supposing agent 1 answered the call, the next call will call agent #2 first (since agent 1 already had a chance to speak to a customer).
- Ring all will call all agents simultaneously. The agent who answers first gets connected to the caller.