Connect Polycom Stand Point to SIP
Follow the steps below to connect Polycom Stand Point to SIP:
1.Ensure that you have the SlP username and password of the SIP subscription
Login to your account > Click SIP to see the details.
2. Connect the power and Internet cables to the Polycom Stand Point Phone
3. Connect to the webpage of the phone by entering the IP address of the phone into a web browser
Go to Menu > Status > Network > TCP/IP Parameters and take a memo of your IP address. Make sure DHCP is enabled.
4. Enter the default user name Polycom and password 456
5. Once you log on to the web interface, click on the SIP tab and enter the following information:
- Address: SIP domain we provide
- Port: 5060
- Transport: DNSnaptr
- Expires: 300
6. And then click Submit.
7. Click on the Lines tab and enter the following information:
- Display name and Label of your choice.
- Address: sip email@example.com (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Authentication User ID: sip username
- Authentication Password: sip password
7. Click Submit and let your IP Phone restart.
If you have a problem with making outgoing calls to a number that consists of more than 10 digit numbers, you can solve it by following these steps below:
- Go to the Polycom Web Config Interface and click SIP. Then scroll down and go to Local Settings
- Delete all the Digitmap
- Click Submit
Now, you should be able to dial any number, yet cannot make a call without pushing the Dial button. In order to utilize the auto dialing function, you can enter prefix in [ ] and as many x's as the number of digit numbers after prefix. If you would like to have multiple digitmaps, you can separate them with " | ".
For example, if you often call a Singaporean number +65 1234-5678 and a Japanese number +81 50-1234-5678, enter the following in the Digitmap and submit.
xxxxxxxx | xxxxxxxxxx
Then your phone automatically dials when you enter 65 + eight digit numbers or 81 + ten digit numbers.
You can also refer to the Polycom FAQ website for more information.