Connect X-lite for Windows to SIP
Follow the steps below to connect X-lite SoftPhone to SIP:
1.Ensure that you have the SlP username and password of the SIP subscription
- Login to your account > Click SIP to see the details.
2. Go to http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite.html and download X-Lite.
2. Install X-lite following the install guide of counterpath
3. Launch X-Lite and go to > Softphone > Account Settings
4. Enter the following information
- Account name: You can input SIP Username or anything you want.
- User ID: SIP Username we provide (same as account name)
- Domain: SIP server we provided
- Password: SIP Password we provide
- Display name: anything you want to appear on top
To make outgoing calls, follow this standard: <country code> + <area code> + <destination>. For example, if you are calling a Singapore number 1234 5678, key in: 6512345678 and call.
1. Change Transport Protocol
2. Optimize SIP setting. Go to Softphone > Preferences
- DTMF mode: RFC 2833
- Codec: G711 aLaw, G711 ulaw, G729, GSM