Configure an extension
Go to Bizphone app > Extensions > User > Click to select the extension
- Basic information
- Click edit to change
- Edit the info and Save
- Key: the extension number which is used for internal calls and configuration.
- Label: name of the extension
- Passcode: a chain of digits that users have to press when the call a specific destination.
- Dial the number
- Enter the passcode after the prompt message.
- Call connected.
- Find out more how passcode works with outbound rule.
- PIN login: if this toggle is turned on, the IP Phone activated for this extension has to be logged in all the time. PIN is attached to user's identity, which means different users have different PIN. Logging with PIN points out which calls are made by which users.
- Log in: 00# + PIN
- Log out: 00#
User > Settings > Choose a member to assign > Assign the type and role > Save
- Activated device
By default, only IP Phone is activated. If you want the user to use bizphone app on mobile or desktop, click Activate.
- Incoming call device
If an extension is not mapped to a SIP gateway, it can receive incoming calls through IP phone, Mobile app and Desktop app, or even forward the calls to other destinations.
If it is mapped to a SIP gateway, all incoming calls will be directed to the sip account. Find out more on SIP gateway.
- Incoming calls can be forwarded to phone numbers or extensions.
- When call forwarding is enabled, you will not receive calls on any devices although they are activated.
- VIP list: numbers in this list will not be forwarded; they ring the extension directly.
- Example use case: a CEO (ext 100) does not want to receive any calls except from his Assistants (101 and 102) and the counterparts (e.g. 65xx01, 65xx02, ..., 65xx10).
- Turn on Call forwarding
- Turn on To extensions: add the extensions of 2 assistants (101, 102) to forward all the calls to them.
- Turn on VIP list: add the extension keys of 2 assistants (101,102) and phone numbers of the counterparts (65xx01, 65xx02, ..., 65xx10).
- User existing caller ID: choose one caller ID among the purchased DIDs (from subscriptions) and registered mobile number. The callerID is fixed.
- Randomize caller ID: CallerID is randomized every time you make a call.
- Request new callerID: if you want to rebrand, key in a number and save change. We'll be notified and support you.
- Choose the elapsed time: 30-45-60 seconds
- Choose language
- Input a message
- Choose an action
- Simply hang up the incoming call
- Record the number and notify via email
- Record voice-mail and notify via email
- Local SIP server ID
- Key in the server IP and Save
- This function works in the case an organization setup a firewall to limit internet connections.
- SIP Gateway
- Choose a sip account to integrate with the extension and Save
- Find out more on SIP gateway: https://kb.b3networks.com/article/1374prn7bp-configure-sip-gateway
- Outbound rule
- Choose a rule and Save
- Find out more on Outbound rule: https://kb.b3networks.com/article/o66jzvhylu-configure-outbound-rules