Configure an extension
Go to Bizphone app > Extensions > User > Click to select the extension
- Click edit to change
- Edit the info and Save
- Key: the extension number which is used for internal calls and configuration.
- Label: name of the extension
- Passcode: a chain of digits that users have to press when they call to a specific destination.
- Dial the number
- Enter the passcode after the prompt message.
- Call connected.
- Find out more how passcode works with outbound rule.
- Hot Desking: click HERE for details.
- Debug mode: if this toggle is turned on, users using Mobile and Desktop App will be able to submit app log whenever they face problems with our apps. This will help our technical team to fix your issue faster. To submit app log for Bizphone Mobile/Desktop App, click HERE for details.
User > Settings > Choose a member to assign > Assign the type and role > Save
The list of devices are activated for the extension. If you want the user to additionally use other devices, click Activate.
- TLS: TLS is a security function. By default, our system will use UDP & TCP (TCP and UDP are the most commonly used connection protocols for data travel on the Internet). However, if your device supports TLS to enable ecommerce transaction security on the Web, which required encryption to protect customers’ personal data, as well as authentication and integrity guarantees to ensure a safe transaction, you can enable TLS function on Bizphone portal so that whenever you make/receive calls, TLS will encrypt them to secure the connection. The call will not be captured by anybody in system environment.
Incoming call device
If an extension is not mapped to a SIP gateway, it can receive incoming calls through IP phone, Mobile app and Desktop app, or even forward the calls to other destinations. If it is mapped to a SIP gateway, all incoming calls will be directed to the sip account. Find out more on SIP gateway.
- IP phone
- Desktop app
- Mobile app
- Incoming calls can be forwarded to phone numbers or extensions.
- When call forwarding is enabled, you will not receive calls on any devices although they are activated.
- VIP list: numbers in this list will not be forwarded; they ring the extension directly.
- Example use case: a CEO (ext 100) does not want to receive any calls except from his Assistants (101 and 102) and the counterparts (e.g. 65xx01, 65xx02, ..., 65xx10).
- Turn on Call forwarding
- Turn on To extensions: add the extensions of 2 assistants (101, 102) to forward all the calls to them.
- Turn on VIP list: add the extension keys of 2 assistants (101,102) and phone numbers of the counterparts (65xx01, 65xx02, ..., 65xx10).
Do not disturbWhen this feature is enabled, user will not receive or forward any calls.
- User existing caller ID: choose one caller ID among the purchased DIDs (from subscriptions) and registered mobile number. The callerID is fixed.
- Assign Caller Id: Admins can assign a list of caller ID to the user. User can only choose one number from the assigned caller ID list as his/her caller ID.
- Randomize caller ID: CallerID is randomized every time you make a call.
- Request new callerID: if you want to rebrand your own numbers, key in a number and save change. We'll be notified and support you.
Owner/Admin can control their members' usage by setting a usage limit for each extension.
- Unlimited: no limitation.
- Specific: Each month, user is only allowed to use up to the set amount and this amount will be reset on the first day of the month.
- Choose the elapsed time: 30-45-60 seconds
- Choose language
- Input a message
- Choose an action
- Simply hang up the incoming call
- Record the number and notify via email
- Record voice-mail and notify via email
Local SIP server IP
- Key in the server IP and Save
- This function works in the case an organization setup a firewall to limit internet connections.
- Choose a rule and Save
- Find out more on Outbound rule.